Q: How long does Botox last?
For most of our guests, the effects of the treatment can last anywhere from 3 to 6 months. How long the effects last may vary, depending on many factors.
Muscle action returns gradually as the product wears off. The previously treated lines and wrinkles may begin to reappear and need to be treated again. Lines and wrinkles may appear less sever than before with repeated treatment, as the muscles are being trained to relax. Some of these factors that may shorten or lengthen the effect include:
- Your Age
- Skin Condition and Level of Sun Damage
- Your Facial Structure and Expressions
- Past Experience with Botox or other Wrinkle Relaxers
Q: Who should not receive Botox?
While most people aged 18 to 65 years are excellent candidates for Botox, you should not use Botox if you experience any of the following.
- Are Pregnant or Breastfeeding
- Have a Skin Condition of Infection in the Area to Be Treated
- Are Allergic to Any Ingredients in Botulinum Toxin Products
- Have Had a Facial Surgery
- Have Difficulty Swallowing
- Have Weakness in Your Forehead Muscles
- And More
One of our consultants here at Aesthetic Health and Weight Loss will be happy to address any concerns you may have as to whether you are a good candidate or not. With any medical procedure, it is best to discuss things with your doctor before starting a treatment.